Thursday, May 25, 2006

Down By The River

I had a nice quiet time with God this morning down at the Boathouse and God really encouraged me. I read Proverbs 15:33 (The fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom. Humility precedes Honour) today and I thought it was such a cool verse.

Today, Gina, one of the 8 year old twins had a sore throat and was off sick from school and at lunchtime she asked me if I could take her out for a walk. I decided that it was much better for her to get some fresh air and go out for a walk than to stay at home lying on the couch watching tv. So I agreed.

We set out straight after lunch. It was nice and sunny outside. We made sure our arms were covered so we don't get bitten by black flies. We decided to go down our road to the bridge and sit down by the river.


Back in November last year I posted some photos of how bad our road was, you can see the photos here. Well today they were actually working on mending our road and so far they're doing a good job. They started off by doing just one side of the road so that cars can still travel on the other side. They even had to dig up our driveway a couple of weeks ago as they told us that the new road would be higher than the old road. I guess they weren't joking - you can see in this picture what I mean...

Here are some more photos of the road, you can see in some of them, the side of the road they have been working on today.





Along the way we came across these brand new pipes (which they will probably put in the ditches on either side of the road at a later time). So we stopped and Gina had a little play crawling through them pretending they're tunnels. It doesn't take much to amuse kids, does it?



We also passed by these lovely views as we walked down our road...





That last one is my favourite photo that I took today. We did eventually get to the river and sat down to eat an apple. Gina dropped her apple though and it fell in the river, so we shared my apple instead and yes I did take some photos by the river, here they are...

I love going on a walk and I had a really nice one today. Later on this evening, I went out with a couple of young people from my church. They took me out to a Lebanese restaurant in town called 'Little Lebanon'. It was a real treat for me and I really enjoyed it. The restaurant itself was small, simple but really sweet. I talked to the owner in Arabic. He was a nice guy and reminded me of Basil in Fawlty Towers. He gave me free dessert with my meal which was really lovely.

After our meal, we went and played pool in a place in town called 'Doolys'. That was really nice too, and I won two games out of three. I love playing pool. I would definitely go back to both places again. So all in all I had a really nice day today. I hope you did too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're having a good time.

I've got a cold (the weather's absolutely miserable over here) and I've been sniffling for the past two days.

Take care
xxx

Kat said...

Wow those pics! You are so blessed Ash to live in such a beautiful spot.

Hope you're keeping well!

xxx

Rebecca said...

I love looking at all of your pictures - you truly live in an amazing place! :)

Anonymous said...

Ash I just love Nova Scotia!Your pics are brill and I want to be there!

I will call u soon and thanks for your great blog. I love reading it.


Elaine xx