Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Down By The Lake

Oh my gosh - time is just going by so quickly these days! I don't even know how or what I've been doing with my time, but it really is flying by. Sunday comes along and I think to myself, I have a whole new week ahead of me and then before I know it, it's the end of the week again. So yeah, I guess it has been over a week since my last post. I don't know what to tell you that's new.

I think Bridget our cat has totally got rid of the mice situation now as we haven't heard or seen any for over a week now. This is for Naomi - the photo of the dead mouse that I didn't put in my last post:

At least she didn't cut this one in two and leave it's blood and guts spilling out.

And here she is, Bridget herself having just woken up from a lazy sleep in the sun...

Well Done Bridget - You've earned your keep!

We had a church leaders' meeting tonight and for some reason right at the beginning I found myself being really shy and nervous to speak and totally did not want to be in the spotlight. Normally it's not a big deal for me to share in a small group. Maybe it was because they were all married couples apart from me. Who knows? But I did eventually get over my shyness before the meeting was over and said my bit.

Last Sunday I preached at church again. It was probably my shortest message and again I was a bit nervous before speaking, but I was alright once I started though. It was such a nice day on Sunday. When we got back from church, after lunch, I spent all the afternoon and early evening outside in the garden and down by the lake with the girls. It was so much fun. I tried to take some nice photos, but it was so sunny, most of the photos were over exposed. I even tried to put my hand over the top of the camera lense to shade it from the direct sunlight, but it was still too bright. So here are a few pictures (and please excuse the over-exposure):

It was so nice just to lie down in the sun and relax after church.

Then the lake beckoned to us to go down there...

An excited Jake at the prospect of us going down to the lake which translates as we're going to take him for a walk. Do you see what I mean about the bright sunlight?

We went down to the lake and I threw a branch in the water just for the fun of seeing Jake jump in the lake after it. So he got his walk and a swim too.

As much as I like the Boathouse, I now have a new favourite spot down by the lake and that is the picnic table by the lake.

I love just sitting on top of the table looking at the lake.


The Beautiful Lake

The Lake Of Shining Waters - (as Anne of Green Gables would say)

This surely has got to take the prize for the worst photo when it comes to total over-exposure!

I think this is my favourite photo - I'd love to print this on a postcard to send people :)

The only thing missing from this beautiful place is YOU.

(Not that you are a 'thing')

2 comments:

Nik P said...

Nice photos, Ash!
I don't know if your camera has manual settings, but for over-exposure you can decrease the aperture or increase the shutter speed. Alternatively you can use spot metering, where the camera automatically adjusts the light according to a point in the shot (usually the center). By using this, you can point at a very bright area, half-press the picture button to adjust the exposure and then take your picture.

Ash said...

Thanks Nik :)