Friday, October 28, 2005

Movies & New Food & Random Story

It's been a while since I last updated you on life here, but I had actually been waiting for an opportunity to post some photos. However, I haven't yet had the time to work out how to do that exactly.

Well over the last couple of weeks, I have watched 3 movies:

"Crash" - the new one, that is, is an excellent film, makes you think, may contain strong language for some;
"Kicking & Screaming" - really funny film for the family. Put me in a hyper mood;
"Batman Begins" - good film if you are into Batman, too scary for kids to watch though.


I have also tried the following new food lately:

"Moose steak" - someone from church actually caught the moose, killed it & gave us some meat;
"Moose sausages" - I preferred those to the steak;
"Pumpkin Pie" - much better cold than hot and in small portions;
"Squash" - a vegetable that I found nice when cooked as part of a roast dinner;
"Oreo Cookie Blizzard" - kind of like a McDonald McFlurry type of icecream with Oreo cookies and marshmallows - definitely very yum;
"Peach Tea" - I tried that today with milk and it was nice.

Random story of the week:
God gave Gary a vision a while back that he would have a divine encounter with this alcoholic and drug addict homeless guy named Tony. Sure enough what he saw in the vision, happened in real life and he met this guy one day and witnessed to him and prayed with him.
Well a few days ago, we bumped into this guy and he immediatly recognized Gary. He started calling out to us in a loud way in the middle of a coffee shop, attracting much attention to himself and us. He kept saying "It's been nine months since I saw you" - how amazing that he could remember that and know how long it was? Then he asked us if we could buy him some food as he was hungry.
Gary only had $5 dollars and I only had $2 and that was all the money we had, but we decided we couldn't say no, so we took him to Subway (a sandwich shop) and bought him a meal and prayed with him. We left the shop with no money. That evening, someone came round to our house and gave us some food shopping money. God is so cool like that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to see Crash when it came out but didn't get a chance. It got really good critical reviews.

Ash said...

You should definitely get it out sometime and get mum to watch it too. - It's really good!