Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bright Autumn Colours

Today, is the first day this 'fall' (as the Canadians say) that I noticed the leaves on the trees start to look bright and cheerful instead of a dull colour that they were yesterday. I had my quiet time this morning in the boathouse, looking out at the beautiful lake. I have to say that several times, in the middle of my chat with God, I had to stop and just gaze at the lovely trees and the bright colours of the leaves. Canada is beautiful this time of year!

Today, I went on a pastoral visit with Gary. We visited this lady and prayed for her. She had been struggling with depression. As we prayed for her, she received joy. Then as we left her house, both Gary and I were yawning constantly and I had a pounding headache! Oops, ofcourse, we had forgotten to pray for protection. So we put the cross of Jesus between ourselves and whatever was trying to attatch itself to us, and phew it went away.

Tonight as I was giving Anja and Gina my two 8 year old spiritual sisters a cuddle in bed, they asked me:

"Ashy, why are you happy today?" and went on to tell me that I have been 'smiling' all day today and everyday the last 6 weeks I've been in Canada.

Well, I had no idea, that I had been smiling today, but I'm really blessed that they told me that, because I must've been smiling for them to say that. I love Jesus. He is soooo cool.

Confession time: Yesterday, after I wrote about being good and only having one bite of my Galaxy Ripple chocolate bar, a couple of hours later, I ate the rest of it. Now, I really can't wait for my sister's parcel to arrive in the post.

No comments: