Saturday, November 05, 2005

Speedy Update!

Hello all,

I have just been reading my friends' blog entries and catching up with their news, so I guess I should update mine too, although I actually have no idea whether anyone even reads this. Nevermind though.

This week has gone by SO quick. Seriously since coming to live here, it has been the fastest week. So what have I been up to?

Monday - that was a horrible day. I was issued out with life! I was so miserable and felt like crying the whole entire day. Sounds bad, but looking back, I can see that God wants to bring up some pain to the surface. I have been so good for so many years at stuffing pain down and not allowing myself to feel it, so it was good that God was allowing that pain to surface and that I was able to feel it. However, I wasn't quite able to have a good cry and let it all out. I'm not at that stage yet. I hope I get to that stage quick, because walking around, carrying the pain and actually starting to feel it isn't that nice.

Tuesday - no pain that day, all stuffed back down. Went into town and had a nice walk around on the mall (on my own for a change), bumped into 3 people from church (how small is Yarmouth?), met an Arabic Muslim guy who recently started working in one of the shops in the mall. Got talking to him in Arabic and told him a bit of my testimony.

Wednesday - read chapter 2 of 'Abba's child' by 'Brennan Manning' and the chapter is about 'the imposter' in our lives. That chapter spoke to me sooooo much. I'm still in the process of processing that chapter. I had a quiet time and started to expose the imposter in my life by writing about her in my journal. So that was cool.

Thursday - this was my phone day, I spoke to about 6 people on the phone that day. 4 of whom were in England, 3 from Riverside Church in England, that was really cool to catch up with friends and hear their lovely voices. The other England phonecall was my mum. She had an accident on Wednesday, fell of the step ladder in the kitchen and completely broke her wrist, one of the bones came out of place, the hospital had to operate on it, and now her arm is in a cast. She's in a lot of pain. Please pray for her. Thursday evening, I led a cell group meeting on 'Hearing God's voice' which went ok.

Friday - I led the second session of the 'new believer's course' with a lady from church who recently gave her life to Jesus. I talked about baptism and the meeting was very encouraging, as she is really keen to get baptised now. Then after lunch I went with Gary to visit another lady in our church and watch the second video of Jack Frost's series 'Experiencing the Father's Embrace'. It was called 'I am Father God's Happy Thought'. It was really good, and we prayed for her after. Then straight after that meeting, I was dropped off at another person's house from church where I babysat for her baby, while she gave piano lessons. I don't get paid for the babysitting, but she does feed me afterwards and takes me out driving in her car. I drove the way home. When I got back, I was so tired, I went straight to bed.

Saturday - that is today. Rachel and I took all the girls out to someone's house for a visit, so that Gary could have some peace and quiet from us, as he prepares his sermon for tomorrow. This evening, I have been preparing the Children's church service for tomorrow. We're going to look at the fruit of the Holy Spirit. I hope the kids have fun and that Holy Spirit shows up in our meeting.

Now it's late and I need my bed! Love you all xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you STILL haven't got my parcel!

Dad called last night and said to give you his love.

Uncle Hameed called yesterday for Eid and said to give you his love.

xxx

Ash said...

I know! I still can't believe I haven't got your parcel yet either! Give dad and Uncle H my love too. Thanks babe.