Friday, November 25, 2005

I survived!

Ok, I'm such a wimp. But I really don't like needles. Yesterday we went and had our flu shots. Gary and the girls had theirs first to get it over with quick. While they were having theirs done, I was trying hard not to look at or think about the needles. So I was trying to be calm waiting for my turn, and all along my stomach was doing summersaults and panic and fear were starting to set in me. By the time it was my turn, I felt so emotional, it took all my strength to keep the tears back. I sat down and the nurse lady told me to let my arm be looose, and then she proceeded to tell me that I might have a sore arm for a few days and might get fever and chills and backache and feel sick as a side effect of the flu vaccination within 6-12 hours. I'm listened to her and all the while felt more nervous with every word she said, that no matter how hard I tried to loose that arm, it was tense. WELL, I didn't cry or faint or lie down, but it was painful and my arm was sore afterwards. I can feel the pain again now, just writing about it! So glad that's over! When I used to be in England, the nurse would always MAKE me lie down as all colour would drain out of my face. There was no such luxury here. Never mind. It's over now, and I'm glad that I was able to have it done! :)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Very well done - and now you can relax for a year, knowing it's done! A bit like a visit to the dentist :-)