Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone!

I am so excited to be alive in 2006. This is going to be a great year. I can't wait to spend time with God this year. He is so awesome! If we give Him this year, He will do awesome things in us this year.

We are having a New Year's Day service at church tomorrow evening. I will be speaking about giving up all that we have for all that He has for us. This is a little excerpt of what I will say tomorrow:

'So, as we start 2006, I want this year to count in my life. Life is short. In England, it’s really common to have New Year resolutions. I always get asked every year what my new year resolution is. And every year, it’s something like, I’ll watch what I eat, and I won’t eat too much fatty stuff etc etc. It’s always something to do with how I look or my weight, or how often I brush my teeth. And they never work.

This year, I don’t have a New Year resolution, I have a decision. I want to draw closer to God this year. I want to make the effort to spend time with Him every day. And I want to look at the areas of my life in my spiritual walk with Him that aren’t exactly blossoming. I want to sow into those areas and sow into other people’s lives. I want to look for opportunities to bless others.

In Matthew 25 verses 14-30, in the parable of the talents, Jesus tells us about a man that calls his servants and entrusts his property to them and gives them talents of money to invest. When he returns, he rebukes the lazy servant who buried his talent, and he rewards the servants that invested their talents. I don’t want to be like the lazy servant who wasted and buried his talent.

I might not be the world’s best children’s minister, or the world’s best prophet, or the world’s best healing evangelist. But I want to sow into those areas of my life, and I want to reap a harvest one day.'

I pray that you all have a wonderful New Year, and that you all know how much HE LOVES YOU! You are all incredibly precious! Draw closer to Him this year, while you can.

Lots of love to you all,
Ash x

3 comments:

Kat said...

Happy 2006 to you Ash!! May it be your best yet.

Love and hugs
Kat

Bananaman said...

All the best for 2006 Ash! Hope it's an awesome year, the Year of the Heart - & that your heart gets wrecked and ruined by the love of the Father. You are a truly awesome person and it's a privilege to know you & be your friend.

Ash said...

Thanks Bananaman! You are awesome too and I'm honoured and priveleged likewise to know you :)