Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Surprise! Surprise!



This week has sure been full of surprises! I had been praying for a while now to be able to go home to visit my parents and surprise my dad for his 60th birthday. God totally surprised me this week when some very kind friends offerred to pay some money towards my airfare back to the UK. I knew that my sister was also willing to pay half the airfare to fly me back home.

So literally, it all happened so quickly and within a couple of days, I managed to find a flight, book it, and I left Yarmouth yesterday morning, and finally got home this afternoon. I am still so jetlagged and tired. I've had like 5 hours sleep in the last 3 days. To summarise my trip: I left Yarmouth yesterday at 7.45am Canada time and took the 4 hour shuttle drive to Halifax airport. Waited around the airport for about eight hours. Got on the flight at 8.20pm Canada time. Sat next to a Canadian Russian guy who was very nice and we talked the whole time. Landed in Heathrow airport at 7.30am this morning London time. Finally got home at 12 noon.

I didn't tell my family that I was coming home, so they had no idea. I took the underground from the airport and walked home. I turned up at my parents' front door and my dad opened the door for me. He was so surprised. My whole family family were. It was so nice to be able to surprise them like that!
My dad also surprised me, by telling me, that he got offerred a really good job in London. He has accepted the offer and will start there in April. He finishes his current job in the Middle East in March. So it will be very nice for him and for us, that he will finally come home, after working abroad for 3 years and that he will have a good job too. I love surprises like that!

I'm really glad to be home for two weeks. I haven't told people from Riverside Church that I'm back either. I plan to turn up at church on Sunday and surprise them. That will be really cool! If you are from Riverside Church and you are reading this before Sunday, I look forward to seeing you then. Please don't spoil the surprise for others though!

Love you all,
Ash x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I read it! Great to find out more about what you're up to. Enjoy your last week at home. Missing you lots. Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Hello, I read it! Great to find out more about what you're up to. Enjoy your last week at home. Missing you lots. Sarah x

Ash said...

Hi Sarah,

It was sooooooooo nice to hear your voice yesterday! I miss you lots too! Have fun at the weekend!
Lots of love,
Ash x

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you Ash You are a joy!

Anonymous said...

Hi me again xxx

Anonymous said...

ashy!!!! how r yah?? how come u aint chekin ur emails???? well i hope you can get hold of a computer. I miss you so much!!
well i gotta go, chek ur email!!!!!
miss yah, love from nadia.
xx mwah xx

Ash said...

Hi Nadia,

I miss you too babe! I haven't been home the last couple of days to check my e-mail. Will reply to you soon! Love you loads,

Ash x

Ash said...

Elaine,

You are so gorgeous! I really enjoyed seeing you again! I love you so much xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi darling. I am sooo pleased to have learnt of this site!Just loved reading about your uncle. He sounded like a very special man.I so enjoyed seeing you and receiving so much inspiration re: our wonderful faith.You are a delight to all. Lots of love and
pray you settle back quickly in Nova Scotia. XXX

Anonymous said...

wow ashy i guess you need to write a new blog before the whole world comments on this one!! lol. Well you can do that when you get here. Mum sed that im not aloud to stay up all night and wait for you which kinda sucks but as long as i see you in the morning before school thats all that matters. YOU HAVE TO LET ME WAKE YOU UP!!!!!!!! PLEEAASSSEEEE!!!!!!!!
love from nadia