Tuesday, December 13, 2005

More Snow :)

Wow - I've hardly been on the computer this week. It's been a busy week writing Christmas newsletters and sending them out. I spent about $130 on just postage! Hope I get given some snow boots for Christmas as I'm not sure that I can buy any now :) . Anyway though, it was really nice writing to people. We've had more snow here too and I took better photos this time.

This is Gary and I shoveling snow from the driveway - we don't have one of those snow blower things Alyn, it took us an hour. The worst thing was, as I was shoveling, a piece of ice fell from one of the branches of the tree that I was standing under. It hit me on the head, and it was as hard as a stone. That was painful and my head was still sore two days later. The dog in the picture is Jake - also affectionately known as 'Minnay' by the girls.

This is our road! It may have pot holes - but when covered up with snow, it looks beautiful! Being out in the country, our road isn't exactly top priority for the snow to get plowed (or whatever you call it). However, I like our road looking like this - it is really pretty. The trees look like candy canes!

n

n

There is a little bridge on our road and this is where this photo (on the left) was taken!

n

This is a picture of the icicles on our roof!

This is our back garden (photo below) - you can see the lake in this picture which was taken a couple of days ago. (in actual fact today it is completely covered in snow).

n

And finally below are photos of our house covered in snow and also of a fire that I got going in our front lounge. It is really beautiful to look out the window and see the gorgeous white snow and be indoors sitting infront of a warm fire. I love sitting by the fire! I love watching the fire. I also love the snow!

n

n

Last night, Rachel and I took the girls took the girls to see a LIVE 'Hip Hop' kids dance performance in town. It was really good. There were about 15 different dances performed by different groups of kids. One group even had 2 and 3 year old girls they were so cute! There was a also a group of four boys aged from about 4 to 9. The boys were breakdancing and they were really cute too. Some kids had real talent too. I really enjoyed that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ash...God bless you. I had been looking for a site to blog with and just happened upon yours ... and recognized a spiritual sister who my "Jake" is visiting right now. We lost our beloved baby (named Jake, Memphis von Frank) in September. Seeing the back of his head and then his name, I knew I had to respond.

Living in the deep south (Mississippi), I rarely see snow. Its been very cold here the last couple of weeks, but no frozen stuff, just rain.

After reading your "about me" page, I too, know the Lord Jesus and Yes, He is the only one to lean to and depend on. I discovered Him, (opened the door to my heart) in 1972...and have trusted Him in all my needs...know this, if we never meet here, we will there!

Bless you Ash for that wonderful spitit you display in your writings and life!!!

Ash said...

Hi Pami,

Thanks for your encouraging message. I'm sorry about the loss of your baby. I pray that God pours out His abundant blessings over you!

Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi ash,

Oh how I would love to live in Canada. The snow, the mountains, everything about it is beautiful. What part of Canada do you live in? I went to visit Vancouver early this year and had the time of my life!
Can't wait to read your next entry.
Oh one more thing, I dont go to church, but maybe you can pray for me, I'm having a hard time right now.
Love Melody.

Ash said...

Hi Melody,

I live in Nova Scotia. Thank you for your comment. I pray that God would draw close to you and bless you in unexpected ways and that He would show you how much He loves you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Bless you.

Kat said...

*sings*
Walking in a winter wonderland....

Ash, you are truly blessed. What a beautiful place to be in and to learn more of God!!!

Merry Christmas to you, lovely! May the Father bless you beyond your imagination and wildest dreams!

Love you
Kat
x

Mark Hancock said...

Hey Ash, you are making me miss Canada!!!

Have a great Christmas and New Year,

God Bless,


Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash! It's Rachel Castle! Merry Christmas :) Just checking out your blog - it looks beautiful over there!
hope you've had a great day lovely Ash, - am thinking of you!

lots and lots of love, xxx

Ash said...

Hi Rachel, Mark and Kat,

Thank you all for your lovely comments - it's really nice to hear from you!

Love you loads xxx