Friday, September 15, 2006

Photos..

I decided to take photos of all the new additions to our household. First of, is a photo of some of Tasha's fish in her fish tank. The black one is my favourite.


Then these love birds - also belonging to Tasha. They are so cute! The male one is the one with the brighter and darker colour chest.


This is a photo of Gina's rabbit Owen. He is very noisy at times. He is a full size dwarf bunny.


These are photos of Anja's very cute hamster Cody in his little hamster ball so that he can roll around (well the ball rolls, he walks) around in the living room.



Over the summer, I took the girls to this really nice beach, the water was a bit chilly, but the beach was beautiful and clean and there were hardly any people there - it was like having your own private beach. I took this photo there a few weeks ago.


Last Sunday at church I talked about the prayer of a man named Jabez in the bible. He prayed a really short but powerful prayer and God answered his prayer. The story of Jabez can be found in 1 Chronicles 4 v 9-10 ( Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request).

So this week I've been praying that prayer every day, and keeping a daily record of the ways that God is blessing me and it's so cool and amazing because God has totally blessed me every single day. Yesterday I had 3 blessings. I was taken out to lunch, and someone's buying me a pair of Crocs (shoes) to wear, and I got taken out on my own private ride on a speed boat on our lake - it was sooooooooooooo cool!

My very first post when I started this blog last year was about stacking wood, and now it has come round to that time of year again. We had this load of wood delivered this week, and I started a couple of days ago to chuck it down the basement and then stack it down there. It's a race against time again, because I'd like to get it all down there and stacked, while we have nice weather and before it rains. I've only done a quarter of it so far, so it's probably going to take me the best part of next week to try and get it all done, so I'm praying that we'll have nice weather this week.


I really enjoyed stacking wood last year and the novelty hasn't worn off yet, infact I love stacking wood - it's a really rewarding job, because you can see the pile get bigger as you stack, and you feel like you did a good job. I get such a sense of satisfaction when I stack the last piece of a huge pile that I had thrown down the basement earlier that day. I also listen to worship songs on my mp3 player as I stack, so I enjoy singing along as I work and it keeps me really happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ash, your blog never ceases to amaze me and lift me up.The photos were brill and the lovebirds named after Elvis and Priscilla made me chuckle.
I wish I were there stacking logs with you !
Bless you loads dear friend xxxxxx .Love Elaine

Ash said...

Thanks Elaine,

You are always filled with words of encouragement!

Love you loads,
Ash x