Friday, September 08, 2006

It's been a whole year!

Wow! It has been exactly one whole year today since I came to Nova Scotia to work for the church here. How can time go by so quickly? I don't even feel like we've had a proper summer here and now the girls are back at school. So, what can I tell you about this past year?

This has been a very wonderful and beautiful place to live, even though, we have had our fair share of tough times and things going wrong. Yet God has always been with us even though He has been closing some doors and opening others, and I have decided to stay here one more year.

It was quite tough financially this last year, so for this coming year, I am hoping to 'tent-make' (this is a biblical expression meaning to get another job to support me financially while I carry on working for the church). I am currently trying to apply to change my work permit and get a Nova Scotia Teaching License. I hope to get some teaching work here. I think it will take a few months though to get it all sorted out.

Our house church is going well. We had felt the Lord encourage us to put greater emphasis on a more family centred service, and that is what we have been doing. On the one hand, some church members couldn’t quite cope with this transition and have left the church. On the other hand, the kids and their parents are loving church more than ever before, and they seem to not want to miss the service. So we do feel encouraged that God wants to do something new in this place.

We had some lovely friends come and visit us from England for a couple of weeks and they went back yesterday. It was very nice to have them with us, even though, they had to experience our well water running out yesterday and our car engine totally ceasing last weekend which mean't we were car less all week. We are now trusting God for another car. So for those of you prayer warriors out there, please pray for Jesus to give us a new car soon.

It was the twins' birthday a couple of weeks ago. They turned nine. Gina got a rabbit and called it 'Owen' and Anja got a hamster and called it 'Cody'. Unfortunately though, Tasha's guinea pig 'Max' died last week. Today she got a pair of love birds. I think she's going to name them 'Elvis & Priscilla'. They are really cute!

I am looking forward to another year here (even though I know it will have plenty of challenges - but nothing is too big for God to handle and God is providing in so many amazing ways). So thanks for listening and stop by again some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash,

Can't believe you've been there a year already.

Will be praying for you all as you go through these changes.

Love Sarah

Ash said...

Thamks babe,

I really appreciate all your prayers.

Love you loads,
Ash x