Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Deer & Lobster


I'm so excited! This morning as Rachel and I were in the car driving to see someone from church, we had just got to the bottom of our road, and just there infront of us was the most gorgeous deer I have ever seen. I wish I had my camera with me but I didn't. I've tried to find a photo from the internet of one that looks like it, and none of the photos I looked at at were as nice as the deer we saw this morning. This photo below is the closest I could find. We stopped the car and the deer stopped too and just stared at us as we stared at it. It was as if it was saying 'hello' to us. It was wonderful to have such a close and clear view (it was only about 25 metres away from us) of such a gorgeous deer. I'm sure it was such a blessing from God for us to see that this morning. It was really cool!


I know I have covered the lobster fishing day already, but I just want to add a P.S. here:

My highlights of the trip were getting the opportunity to go lobster fishing; seeing the sunrise out at sea; seeing the beautiful seagulls fly so close; catching the cod fish; learning how to measure and band a lobster!
The things that I learned about lobsters that I didn't know before are that:
1- They are a different colour when you catch them as in the photo below
from when they have been cooked like in this photo below.


2 - You have to cook lobsters alive (by putting them in a pan of boiling water)
as a dead lobster can be poisonous.
And 3 - Dead lobsters smell awful - they really stink!

No comments: