Thursday, March 23, 2006

Halifax, Nova Scotia

I am back!

I wasn't in Halifax very long - just four days (three nights). Time went by very quickly and it felt like I was only there for a day. I stayed in a really nice hotel, and God paid for the whole trip so that was really cool. The hotel I stayed in was called The Mariott and it overlooked the harbor which was absolutely beautiful. It also had an indoor glass walkway from the hotel to the shopping mall, so you didn't even need to wear your jacket or go outside once, yet you could still see outside because it was glass. The shops were nice and I was even able to have some Lebanese food and speak to someone in Arabic which was nice. There are loads of Lebanese people in Halifax.

There is actually a Lebanese restaurant here in Yarmouth called 'Little Lebanon' but I still haven't been to it yet. One day I'll go there and that will be another story.

Back to the Halifax, the hotel room that I stayed in was very nice. This is a photo of the bed I slept on! It was very comfortable. Unfortunately, I didn't get much sleep the whole time I was there though.




The room was on the third floor and this was the view from the window:



Isn't that cool? It's an indoor swimming pool and the view just made me want to go for a swim. I didn't though as I hadn't brought my costume with me and I couldn't afford to buy a new one. Never mind though.

The conference itself was great. God's presence was there. I enjoyed all the sessions. The speakers were great. One of them, Alyn was actually on the same ministry school as me a couple of years ago. He was speaking with his lovely wife AJ and they did a marvelous job. It was really nice to see them again and to see how much God was using them in amazing ways.

I also got to see a couple more people that I knew from that school who also came along to the conference. It was especially so wonderful to see my friend Sara who also was on that same school with me. I love Sara very much. She is so awesome and it was so lovely to see her and such a blessing to be able to spend a bit of time with her in Halifax.

This is Sara and I. Isn't Sara lovely? I love you Sara.


The main things the conference was about were the messages that:

  • Forgiveness is so important
  • Father God loves us all very much and is so extravagant in His love for us
  • Jesus is the WAY to the Father
  • Becoming a Christian is just the begining of our spiritual journey to our heavenly Father.
  • God wants to heal us

Speaking of God healing us. God did heal loads of people at the conference which was so cool. My favourite one was of this old lady who was deaf and had to wear a hearing aid. Well God healed her in one of the meetings and the poor lady kept saying how her only complaint now, is that everyone around her is so loud! God is so cool!

On the Sunday morning we went to visit a church in Halifax called 'Real Life Community Church' and it was in one of the university college buildings there, and it was really nice to be there. You definitely could sense the 'community' aspect of the church - it was really cool! So, if you're ever in Halifax, Nova Scotia, give them a visit!

No comments: