Wednesday, April 04, 2007

101 Things About Me

I saw this on Rebecca's blog, and decided to join in and do the same, especially as I am aware that I have been quite lazy at updating my blog, so this should be fun...

1. I am a born-again Christian.
2. I love Jesus with all my heart.
3. I believe that Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE (John 14v6).
4. I believe that God is a God of LOVE.
5. I also believe that God is jealous for our love.
6. I fear God (fear as in the highest form of respect rather than being terrified).
7. I believe the Bible is the true word of God.
8. I love the Holy Spirit and my heavenly Father as much as I love Jesus.
9. I love Iraq and the diversity of the cultures within.
10. I love that I was born in Baghdad.
11. I was named after the Queen of Babylon and the goddess of love, fertility/life and war.
12. I have very smart parents.
13. I have two younger sisters: a lawyer (it's her birthday today - Happy Birthday gorgeous!) and an actress (I'm so proud of you for not giving up on your dreams).
14. I love all my family members.
15. I can speak, read and write Arabic and English fluently.
16. I know a little bit of German.
17. I have cousins who are half German.
18. I have more cousins than I can keep count of.
19. I was kidnapped and held at gun-point when I was a baby about 7 months old.
20. God saved my life.
21. I went on a plane for the first time when I was 11 months old, and have been travelling the world ever since.
22. I contemplated ending my life when I was 18.
23. Then I met Jesus, and He saved my life again.
24. I nearly got run over by a car countless times in my life.
25. God saved me each time.
26. I can't swim.
27. I fell in the river in Cambridge when I was 19 and nearly drowned.
28. God saved me again (my friend jumped in and got me out).
29. I've renounced my death wish ever since then, and have had no more 'near death' experiences.
30. I love the plans that God has for my life.
31. I have no idea what's next in the plan.
32. I love being in the presence of God.
33. I love to worship God and to tell others about him.
34. I love to pray for the sick and see God healing them.
35. I love it when God intervenes in someone's life and makes it better.
36. I can't live without God.
37. I love people who are honest, genuine, and down to earth.
38. I LOVE people who make me LAUGH. (They say that food is the way to a man's heart, well making me laugh is definitely the way to my heart!)
39. I have chocolate brown eyes, but I wear blue contact lenses when I go out.
40. I'd rather have one true godly friend, than a thousand friends who aren't.
41. I love to dance, although I'm not the best of dancers.
42. My dad is the best dancer I know.
43. I love the Lebanese TV show 'Star Academy'.
44. I was so happy last week when Shada Hasoon (the first Iraqi girl contestant) won this year's Star Academy. She's also the first girl contestant to ever win the show and you can see the final episode here.
45. I am so privileged to be living with my Pastor's family.
46. They are my spiritual family and they are awesome.
47. I love them (each and every one) and they will always be a big part of my life.
48. I try to always treat others in the same way that I would like to be treated.
49. I love people who are hungry for more of God and who are not afraid to be out of the box.
50. I love making new friends and getting to know people from different cultures and countries.
51. I love the colours blue, pink, lilac and red in that order.
52. I love Hagen-Das vanilla ice-cream.
53. My favourite alcoholic drink is Baileys.
54. I have never been drunk and never want to be either.
55. I love the Irish accent and the Jordi (New Castle) accent.
56. I made a commitment to serve God full time.
57. I want God to enlarge my heart, and let His heart flow through me.
58. I struggle with loneliness and rejection at times.
59. But I do believe that I am very special and valuable to God and that He never leaves me alone.
60. I am short.
61. I was born a month early and weighed only 2kg.
62. I hate it when people are two-faced.
63. I hate hypocrisy.
64. I love truth.
65. I love leading people to Jesus.
66. As you can tell from this list, I love talking about God.
67. I hate the occult, but I love the prophetic.
68. I hate injustice.
69. I like to read books, especially ones that challenge me to go deeper in my walk with God. 70. I like to listen to music and to sing along when no one's around to hear me.
71. I like to encourage others in their walk with God.
72. I like to have encouragement from other Christians around me.
73. I miss my really good friends.
74. I can be very quiet in group situations.
75. I like to think before I speak.
76. I don't like to offend others.
77. I relate best on a 'one to one' level.
78. I can be a chatter box at times.
79. I can be extremely patient with some people.
80. Yet I can have a very short and feisty temper with my youngest sister. Sorry babe!
81. I find it hard not to argue back at times.
82. I choose to die to my self and my selfish desires daily and I choose to live for Christ.
83. I very often FAIL miserably at doing that, but at least I try.
84. 8 is my favourite number and 4 is my second favourite number, followed by the number 2. 85. I love drinking fruit smoothies.
86. I love eating Iraqi kebabs and shawurma.
87. I love eating olives.
88. I love strawberries with ice-cream and sugar on top.
89. I would love to have identical twin girls one day.
90. I'd love to travel the world many times over.
91. I believe that God has a sense of humour.
92. I'm not afraid to be different, or to go against the grain.
93. I love adventure.
94. I love the countryside and natural beauty.
95. I love to go for long walks with a friend, I especially love to walk in the woods.
96. I love the word of God.
97. I want my heart and my life to be flowing with God's compassion and grace for others.
98. I believe it is better to forgive than to have unforgiveness in my heart.
99. I hardly ever cry.
100. I know that God is softening my heart when I do cry.
101. I love all my friends.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, Ash! I loved this! It is so fun to do this and get to know you more. :) I love that you love to talk about God - I think that I don't talk about God enough. I devoted one of my blogs to talking about God - but I know I should more on Blogging Obsession because I know I could reach people.

I just finished a book that is so challenging and so awesome at the same time - The Way of the Master by Ray Comfort, you may like it ;)

I love Iraqi Kebabs and shawurma!!!

Wow - gunpoint as a baby - that is crazy!!! Roobik tells me about bombs going off and gunfire when he was a kid and even still as a grown man he cringes at loud noises.

I love olives too!

My favorite colors are green and purple - favorite numbers are 3, 11, and 15 :)

I hate hypocrisy too. I try to be sure and not be a hypocrite, I think I am succeeding....

You hardly cry, I cry a lot - I think the hormones got all wacked out when I had kids, LOL!!!

((HUGS))

Ash said...

Well apparantly I cried 3 weeks non-stop when I was 11 months old when my grandparents (who had been looking after me) handed me over to my parents at the airport and we left Iraq for good. And after those 3 weeks of non-stop crying, my mum says I never cried again, not even when I was hungry. She'd wake up in the middle of the night and find me awake and thirsty for milk but I wouldn't make a sound.

So I think that, that must've been a traumatic part of my life, and a part of me had emotionally shut down then, but I believe that God is healing me in that area, and I honestly know that the few times I ever cry now, even if it is just one tear, I know it's a healing miracle.

Annie said...

I looooved your list, Ash! So much cool, interesting stuff :)

Ash said...

Thanks Annie :)