Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's Been A While...

Hello,

I am sorry for my absence from the world of blog for those of you who occassionally do stop by. I have no idea what to tell you. So I'll just write whatever comes into my head and hope that there might be something of interest. At this precise moment, I am listening to my favourite singer of all time. Her name is Fayruz (my sister was named after her) and she is a Lebanese Christian and a legend all over the Middle East. Here is a photo of her for you...



Although she is quite old now and rarely performs any more, her beautiful songs are all-time classics and loved by many generations. In fact, if you ask any Arabic person about her, they will know who she is and probably have her music in their home too. Yeah, so I am enjoying listening to her truly unique angelic voice while writing to you.

I have the house to myself at the moment. Gary and Rachel and the girls are all in England at the moment for 2 and 1/2 weeks. I am house sitting for them and looking after Jake the dog, Bridget the cat, Max the guinea pig, and Nemo, Mo, and Flo the fish. We did have another fish called Glo but he/she (how do you tell if fish are female or male?) died and I buried it in the garden yesterday.

There's been a few changes in my life recently:
  • I am insured to drive the car now and went out a few times with Rachel before they left. I drove into town on my own yesterday, so that was cool. It's really good for me to get some practise driving on my own to build up my self-confidence.

  • I am 28 years old now. It was my birthday last week and Gary cooked me a lovely curry for my birthday and I had a great day. I am really excited about all that God has for me in this coming year of my life.

  • Our church moved from the building and into our home. I've always wanted to be part of a house church and now I am. For the next two weeks while Gary and Rachel are away, I am pastoring and looking after the church on my own. Just as well I have God with me :)

  • Speaking of God, I decided to give up my morning sleep and spend my mornings with God every day, so ever since my birthday, I've been getting up at 6am every morning (which if you know me, you'll know that I'm not exactly an early bird) and spending every morning with God until 12 noon. Although, I don't like getting up early, I have to say, that once I actually get myself out of bed, I really enjoy my time with God so much, that I am truly looking forward to every morning. And now I have two whole weeks to spend as much time as I like with God, it's so cool. He is sooooooooo cool!

I've been trying to start a fire in the furnace downstairs in the basement, but it is taking sooo long to get going. So I better go and check on that soon. Well I guess that that is all for now. Hope you didn't get too bored and hope you come back soon.

Love Ash x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.

Glad you're back!

Sarah x

Ash said...

Thanks Sarah,

Nice to know that you're reading my blog :)

Are you still enjoying a heatwave? It has rained all day here.

Love you,
Ash x

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world :)

The morning time with God is so wonderful! I find starting my day with Him always makes it better.

((Hugs))