Thursday, April 13, 2006

I think way too much.

When you go to sleep at night, do you just put your head on the pillow and fall asleep? I wish I could do that, well that does happen to me very very rarely, but most of the time, I put my head on the pillow and I think. I think about everything. I think about everything I did and said that day. I think about tomorrow, I think about what I read on someone's blog or what I watched on tv (if I watched tv that day) etc. Sometimes I am desperate to fall asleep and long for my brain to stop working, but I'll still end up thinking. Why am I like that? I really do not know.

I realise it's been a while since I last updated my blog, but I guess that's another one of those things that I've been thinking far too much about what I should actually write about? rather than just writing. I've been blog hopping quite a bit lately, just reading other people's blogs, and I found myself reading quite a few blogs written by young Iraqi bloggers in Iraq about their day to day life there. I really want to go there and I can't at the moment, so it's kind of a bit cool, that I can have this window into people's lives there. What is not cool, though, is facing the reality of what life there is really like at the moment. It's not so much the terrorist attacks in themselves (as I obviously hear about those from the news) but what is more depressing is seeing young people lose hope for the situation to get better. I know it must be really hard, but I wish there was a way, that these people can have hope. I really pray that God has mercy on the average Iraqi person living in Iraq. I pray that more Christians would live there and spread some hope in the area.

Speaking of Iraqi people, there is a new doctor in town working in the local hospital and he's from Iraq. He's only been here six weeks and doesn't know many people, so one of his patients introduced him to me as she goes to my church. I met up with him yesterday for a coffee at Tim Horton's. It was really nice for me (and probably for him too) just to meet up with another Iraqi and speak with them. He is married and his family are abroad - I hope they come to live here with him, then there would be more people I can visit and make new friends with. Anyway, he seemed like a nice man and he didn't mind that I was a Christian so that was nice. I'm sure I'll be having coffee with him again another time.

I spoke to someone from church today and she really blessed me because she finally 'got' what we've been trying to tell people here for so long, that you cannot depend on a person to 'fix' you, you have to go to God, because He is the only one that can do that. She's been through a lot this lady, but no matter how much we tried to love her and support her, we would always fall short because we could never be there for her 24/7. She told me today on the phone, that last Sunday at church we had played a Jack Frost cd on 'Sonship and the Orphan Spirit', God really spoke to her through that cd and showed her how she had been trying to get her love needs met through other people (her husband, her pastors, friends etc), but that really she needs to go to Him. So for the last week, she has been going to God and He has been transforming her and filling her with joy, she feels like a new person. She said that she feels as though her heart is going to explode with love. Yay God! I love it when people let God's love find them.


God's love is a love that finds you.

I love just thinking about that. I've uploaded a song on my 'My Space' blog (you can listen to it by clicking here or on the sidebar link), it's called 'Till I See You' by 'Hillsong United'. I love the first couple of verses of the song, especially the first line that says:


The greatest love that anyone could ever know
it overcame the cross and grave to find my soul.

Wow! Isn't that just soooooooo cool? I love that line, it sends shivers down my spine. The rest of the song is good too. God's love is really just so amazing.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

"to find my soul" That is awesome!!! If only more people in the world would see it like that!

Bent El Neel said...

Hi Ash
I saw your comment on Kareem's blog and came here to visit. You have a really nice blog and I love your spirit. Take care and have a blessed and happy Easter :D